Derek B. Alvarez, the managing partner of Genders-Alvarez-Diecidue, P.A. has focused his practice in the areas of estate planning, probate, guardianship, and trust law since he began practicing law in 1997. Born and raised in Tampa, Mr. Alvarez comes from a working class family that values family, education, integrity, respect, and hard work. Mr. Alvarez and his family have many years of service and significant ties to the Tampa Bay area legal community.
Education: After graduating from Jesuit High School in 1989, Mr. Alvarez completed his undergraduate studies at The University of Florida in 1993. He earned his Juris Doctorate at South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas, graduating cum laude in 1997.
Distinctions & Accomplishments:
- AV-rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected by his peers as “A Tampa Bay’s Top Lawyer” by Tampa Magazine
- Selected to Florida Trend’s Legal Elite
- Selected as a Super Lawyer (a distinction held by less than 5% of all attorneys in Florida)
- Member of the Florida Bar since 1997
- Member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Member of The Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of The Florida Justice Association
Outside of the office, Mr. Alvarez is very active in the community. Philanthropically, Mr. Alvarez has supported various organizations, including The Jeffrey Modell Foundation, Life Link, Tampa General Hospital, Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, Pediatric Cancer Foundation, Boys and Girls Club of Tampa Bay, Make A Wish Foundation,Jesuit High School, and Academy of the Holy Names among many other causes. Most of all, Mr. Alvarez enjoys spending time with his family, which includes his wife and their two children.
Contact me at: DBA@GendersAlvarez.com